View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:00 AM
VIP

A decent laser printer with duplex option (ability to automatically print on both sides of the paper w/o having to separate & manually feed the odd pages back in backwards to print the even pages) is well worth the initial cost. I have a Dell 3000CN Color Laser Printer that ran me total approx $600 with the duplex option. A 4 pack replacement of black carts run me around $170 - color carts run around $190 for a pack of complete (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) but are not needed for strictly b & w print jobs & this b&w pack will print around 16,000 pages - almost 4 reprints for your current books at 4600 pages for $170 - so for you actual Kinkos cost (part of your mistake right off hand BTW, check the cost of local printing service OTHER than Kinkos if the laser printer isn't an option, they charge more than anyone else) but for your Kinkos cost on ONE reprint, you can get almost FOUR reprints (3 for sure) for a little more at home. May cost more initially to get it up & running but will save you much in the long haul. Also much cleaner looking than inkjet as well & do not run if the pages get wet like inkjet.
Binders & sheet protectors are a shop & save where you can. Sheet protectors go Staples 200 page value boxes. Binders depending on the size & if you need presentation format is whatever you can find the cheapest - the more expensive ones don't hold up under bar vigors any better, made this mistake a couple times, but I do always buy a few more than I need & keep some behind my booth (or with me) if a binder starts to fall apart, I can take the pages out of the bad binder & put into a new one on the spot.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions

Last edited by Lonman; September 17th, 2007 at 06:07 AM.