View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2002, 02:57 PM

Thumbs up

For software in our biggest system (we have 7 altogether) the main components are DK original 1 - 100 and the other specialty ones billy joel , neil diamond, moody who etc. Soundchoice spotlights 8101 - 8688 (just ordered thru 8735 yesterday) Music Maestro 6000-6359, Pioneer Rock 1-40 , Sunfly 1-17, and Top Hits monthly POP & COuntry thru this month. There are also some misc discs like pocket songs , ALL HIts, JVC etc.

For the other systems 2-7 we customized them based on the places that they would go to and what people liked most. I made my own for my private shows (system 5) that has the soundchoice foundation, dk 1-100 , all pop hits & country hits monthly, select soundchoice spotlights (mostly the 70's and 80's disc's and specialties like eagles,jimmy buffet, silly songs,xmas etc. and some select music maestro. Note Our big system is permanate at a show we have had for 10 years so have such the benefit of a large selection but dont have to lug it around. (but those books are like a mini yellow pages !!! But hey everyone loves the variety.

For Hardware at the permanent and mobile private shows we use Denon Dual cd player with the cavs cdg convertor for both drawers plus a back up player , either JVC multiloader or 2 drawer Pioneer, Mackey board, Shure wireless, and vocal effects processor all in each road case with dj lights and the appropriate connects inside the case for easy hook up and break down. For speakers we use the JVC Paks with the amps already inside the speakers. Boy don't I miss lugin those old amplifiers (my back!!)

All in all we have mixed and matched a few diffnt dj cd players and cdg kareoke machines and diff types of corded and wirless mikes. I think with regular maintenance and cleaning and a little T L C that equipment can last. The permanent set ups we have are used every thurs, fri, and Sat nite and have to have the little bugs fixed once and a while, cables get old, tv's don't last forever, mikes do get droped etc, etc.

Hardest to me is keeping the Kareoke Books up to date and in good shape. I swear that sometimes people just like to eat em or doodle or rip em up because drunk people do stupid things.

But that's my story and I'm stickin to it !!!!

DJNICKIE K.