View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2002, 05:37 PM

Protection

That's the problem...hoster probably won't be able to deal with it. That's why I'm very afraid to purchase it. Of course it would still save time and space to put the 12,000 songs I have in hoster and if they all start using protection for their disks, just have to keep a serparate case for those.

But, then there is still that problem with the disks messing up. If they mess up and you can't back them up, you have to buy that whole entire disks all over again. And I have some Sound Choice disks that are messed up that are only like a few months old!

I take VERY good care of my disks...it's just that sliding them in and out of those cases rubs that paint off of them. And there's no way I can keep them all in a jewel case like SC suggested. Oh yeah...carry around 1200 disks in jewel cases? The soft cases take up an entire 6 foot table as it is! I can imagine trying to carry around 20 or 30 jewel case holders!

To tell you the truth, if Sound Choice start protecting their disks again, I'll get out of this business. There is already way too much expense for the amount of money I'm bringing in. I only have one system and I try to keep up with all the new stuff. If I have to keep buying new discs and replacing old ones every few months it will be impossible to make any money. Nope... if they protect, I'm gone. Simple as that. But I will recoup the money I've lost on these damaged CD's mind you. I'm already working on that.