Thread: Missing songs
View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Missing songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldaiquiri View Post
I dont mind reprinting my song books. How do i rebuild database?
Can i creat a new database so that i can use the old song books for a couple of days while i print the new ones?
The database will be basically the same it depends how many duplicated disc Ids or book Ids it finds, the ones it finds it will merge in but give it a different book Ids.
Most will remain the same. It does create a backup of your existing database before starting the rebuild.
After it’s rebuilt a pop up message will tell how many files it has indexed, if it finds a number of duplicated files it will pop up another message telling how many. It will also inform you about a .Txt file with a list of all the duplicated files, you can open that list in word or notepad to read.

You will probably be asked if you want to merge them, you can respond yes or choose to do it later.

You re-build the database from Tools Menu/Songs database/Build Database then just select the Rebuild Database Button.

It can take a while depending how many songs you have. Appox 5-7 min per 10,000 songs so don’t get impatient.

Hope that helps.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.