View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Administrator

[quote=oncall;70054Is there a way to lock down my laptop or something so that nothing can be copied from it without a "code".[/QUOTE]
Currently not that I am aware of.

The problem is not trying to force Windows to prevent copying the files, but IF the files are copied, which they will be, then we are working on preventing them from playing on another computer. However, if you didn't make an unprotected master disc, you'd have to re-import all your songs when you have a second system. Of course to be legal, you will still need to buy all the songs for the second system. It's just that we can make it so you can copy the HDD with the KMA files, then encrypt the song for that computer only.

We have the core protection software required. We are planning on making this a product for KJ companies like you want to become. It is doable. We just need to get a break in our schedule to put this all together.

It will probably have some web site sign-on to help insure the right person is using it.

I was hoping to get this out last year, but didn't. I'd like to say this year, but probably around or after mid-year.