Thread: New Singers
View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2004, 09:35 AM

Re: New Singers

I have it listed in my song books on the first page how I run the rotation. What I do is have people come up and put thier name on the list first come first serve. If we get to the bottom of the list we start the rotation over, if you come in after the rotation starts your name goes to the bottom of the list, regardless if there is 20 singers or just 2 singers till the end. Once the rotation starts we don't put you in ahead of anyone else.
What has happened to me at one of the local shows many, many times is you get there before the host arrives, get your name on the list close to the top, maybe 5 or 6 in the line up, you stay there for the 4 hours they run the show and every time they have new singers come in and the rotation starts over they put the new singers in the rotation just before they get to you and you end up going down the list a few each time and then at the end after you have been supporting them by buying drinks all night, you have someone walk in 30 min. before they are going to close and you only have 1 or 2 people ahead of you and they put the new ones in ahead of you and you get completly bumped out of the rotation. Then on top of that they will make sure that the new ones get to sing twice within that time and you had to wait 2 hrs between singing. That always burned me, but I new that was how they ran the show so I just had to deal with it until I could do something differant.