Thread: New Singers
View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2004, 07:39 PM

Re: New Singers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyquack
I am looking for suggestions from other KJs on this matter. How do you handle new singers that come in near the end of your night? I run into this alot. My gig usually goes 9p-1a and it never fails that someone will come in at 12:30 when I have a rotation of about 25 singer and complain because of the wait. If you try to get them in for 1 song they complain cause the can't sing more. If I do get them in, then the people that have been there all evening complain. This to me is a no win. Any suggestions or thoughts on the subject?
Hello fellow Karaoke DJ. I have been in the Karaoke DJ business for about 4 1/2 years. There is always someone that comes in at the end of your show. My answer is easy, "Hey folks, we have a new singer in the house, help me welcome (name)." After they get their chance to sing, always say, "Hey (name), I'll be here next week from (time), come on down earlier and sing some more". Then go on to the rest of your singers. You have not offended anyone, but on the same hand, you have let that new singer know that if he came in earlier in the evening, he/she could have sang more. You are out there to bring entertainment to all, not just one select person.
richpap