View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM

Re: The Lawsuits Have Started In Virgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
Since they have registered their product, that you are using under their terms, they have the right thru civil actions to enforce their copyright.
If someone refuses to show all their originals, that is acting quilty and will draw a lawsuit because they have no other way to verify you have originals.
Now, if you do have the originals and you show them to SC then they should not sue because they have no reason to sue.
If they sue anyway after this, then yes they are abusing their ability to enforce their copyright which can only really be stopped by counter-suing them in court and making them pay a large settlement.
Not all the time...if they see a crime happening thru a window or by strange smells (as examples) they can come right in because a crime is in progress
You are free to NOT show him your originals and go talk to them in court...that makes you look like you have something to hide.
Having all your originals and doing business ethically is how a professional business is run, so why scared to show them you have originals so they'll stay off your back?
The law gives them the right to make sure there aren't any copyrighted music of theirs out being used in public. Sorry.
What would you do if you became a musician and people were out there not buying your album but enjoying it anyway because they kept getting free copies from each other?
Wouldn't you discuss with your lawyers ways to cash in on what's being stolen from you, depriving you of alot of money?
What you are saying is the first way to lose our given rights. I have the right to refuse to let anyone search, inspect my property without assuming guilt or "looking guilty". If they choose to file a lawsuit. do so, it is their right.
By asserting my right to refuse search without a court order,does NOT mean i have anything to hide, just asserting my rights. Seeing a crime is not what we are talking here, completely different under the law.
Irregardless of all arguments, SC has no legal standing to demand to inspect, search, anyone's property without court orders. I, on the other hand, have the right to refuse per my civil rights, what is left of them.
I have nothing to hide from SC or anyone else, and i AM a musician and have cds out that have been copied. My feetling is the ill will i would create on my small scale is just not worth it. SC is feeling the results of their gestapo tactics on a much larger scale!
Guilt should not be assumed, let's protect our rights and let the chips fall. As for suits or countersuits, if you are right, you will prevail anyway.
NEVER GIVE UP ONE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT, if you do, soon, you'll lose another.
Your stand is exactly the SC stand. Amazing
muzicman144