View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2003, 01:38 PM

I'd rethink this...

Why? I will tell you why.

Firstly, I don't trust any of these so called databases (even yours) and when I go out (every week) and buy new music ($200-$300 worth) I bring it home and I check certain songs for correctness of sound and lyrics. I often try new brands or versions of songs and I am always striving to have the best, biggest, and closest to the orginal versions.

So, every Sunday when I come home with my new music selections, I sit down at my computer knowing that I want to listen and watch many of the songs all the while I am entering the information into Excel so that I can have the New Music Selections printed for that nights show.

Also, right now as I am typing this post to MTU, I could (if it were supported) be listening to a song. This may sound off the beaten path, but to me, playing the song in the background would be very helpful.

Sometimes when I am trying to correct errors printed on CDs, I switch back and forth from Microstudio to Excel. Here is an example. My disk #118 is a Pocket Songs Patsy Cline CD. It is multiplexed in that 1/2 of the 20 songs have a singer and the other 1/2 don't. Since I input all the information from the cover of the CD I have the tracks incorrect. Invariably when someone asks to sing "Walking After Midnight" I had to remember that that track (and others) were wrong on the cover.

Yesterday I was preparing for my quarterly full book print and I was trying to remember all my problem disks. This one came to mind and I thought, "Okay, pop it in to Microstudio and check Excel for continuity!" It was annoying as heck to have that audio switch off and on. Really! I found a missing song from that CD and corrected all the track numbers.

So my vote, and I make my vote as a semi-pro, is for the ability to have it play in the background. You don't have to make it so, but that is why I use it. Otherwise I am going to have to have a Karaoke Player on my ever decreasing in size desk.