View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
Dale,

I don't seem to be getting through for some reason. You have not given me any technical answers to my questions. Every answers is telling me that there is no way for the burner not be functioning correctly. I know that you are trying your best to satisfy me, but I don't consider your answers satisfying at all. I need someone to say there might be a problem so let's check it out. I notice that now when the burner starts in the burning process and before it errors out, the light on the burner never changes from the green color to the light orange or yellow color the other CD burners that I have do.

I downloaded Bel Arc and ran it two or three times and it states that my computer has all major upgrades and updates and every thing looks good.
Vince that is because I had run out of answers. We have tried everything that I know of. I never said you didn't have a problem, but was saying that it wasn't the drive that you wanted to send back. I had gone as far as I could, and you were wanting to send the drive back which would not solve the problem either. That was why I asked Marklwood to take a look at our posts and see if there was anything I was missing. I have never used Pinnacle Studio, so I was unaware that it could do the same thing as Roxio and Nero which is to lock a drive for exclusive use. Thanks Mark. It just shows we are never to old to learn.
If you need any help with the instructions in the link that Mark included just let us know here and we can try to break it down to step by step.
I am not sure on this burner (I have a couple of them) if the light changes color. I have never really paid attention to that as my computer is under my desk and I can't see the light.
Hopefully the Pinnacle Studio is the culprit. Sorry I couldn't figure it out.