View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
I talked to someone through the MTU system and asked about the statement that I read in one of the adds and he stated that MTU's disk were manufactured specifically for MTU and they would suggest that I use them with the new burner.
As you say they "suggest" and I would too for burning finished products, but for testing no itisn't necessary to ruin the expensive disks to find out if a fix worked or not. That was all I was saying.

Quote:
As to the laser not being activated during the test and that the system is checking the files only, how can I test to see if the laser actually has the ability to burn a disk? I use a CD and DVD cleaner which I use each morning before I start burning disks. My Plextor burner had a test function to check if the laser was functioning properly. The laser has a reading funtion and a burning function. I could be updating and upgrading 'til the cows come home and it still would not work.
If the laser activates during the test phase then the disk would be ruined and not usable for the burn. There is no way to test the laser without ruining a disk.

Quote:
I have been reading as many of the Forum posts as I can, and the majority of them are complaining of the same type of problems that I'm concerned with. Can it be that all of us who have posted all of these problems are all inept at using Microstudio Burners and software? All of this began with the new Microstudio that converted all files to .bin files. I never had problems like this before the new software was issued and Microstudio informed us that our old code numbers would no longer work (and not explaining in advance that our old codes would no longer work). They (Microstudio) should make an attempt to re-institute a way for those of us who had to purchase disks because of the inability to receive downloads that did not work.
Again, all I can say is that I'm very disapointed that Microstudio has let this situation grow to these perportions.
Yes there have been some who have had problems with Microstudio but it is a small minority of the thousands of users. And no I don't think that any are inept at using the software and burners. Any time you upgrade from a major version (3.xxx) to a new major version (4.xxx) then your registration code changes when you purchase the upgrade. This has always been MTU's policy.
Not sure why you can't recieve downloads, since you obviously have internet connection. Depending on your internet speed it may take some time to download, but it should come through ok.

The "conversion" to .BIN files from .CDG was actually only an extension change and did not change any of the contents of the files. I realize you are looking for reasons why this is happening, but unfortunately this isn't it.

Vince consider this. You have tested the burner on other programs and it writes ok. You have had two drives and they both worked for a short period of time (in Microstudio). The question is what is causing them to suddenly stop working for you? MTU knows that if everything is right with the computer Microstudio works and so do a lot of people.