View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
Can you tell me what software is related to the Microstudio that affects the production of disks that I would need to update or upgrade? My Router has been updated, my Modem has been updated and I backup my three hard drives every two weeks.
Windows XP is very integrated into this process. Microstudio as are other programs on your computer are inter-related and dependent on the Windows functions working correctly. If I could tell you exactly where to go to fix this I would, but every situation is different and trying to troubleshoot problems through the forums or even over the phone is very difficult since we can not see exactly what is going on with your computer.
Please understand that though I may not be an MTU employee, I do have 40+ years in IT support.

Quote:
Your advertizing stated when I was buying the new burner that if I didn't use MTU's disk that the burner would not work properly. I believed what they said. That's why I didn't buy cheaper disks.
How would cheap disks work when I'm trying to get the burner to work.
I don't believe that is what they say on their page on those drives. They do say that if you use cheap disks they may not play on a karaoke player. I personally use Memorex "Music" grade CDs and have never had any problem with them playing. All they are saying is they researched and and sell a quality disk that they know will work.
The reason I (not MTU) said to use the cheap disks was for troubleshooting purposes to keep from destroying your quality (more expensive) disks while testing for a fix.

Quote:
You can look up in my records that I purchased a burner some time this year and it worked fine for about as long as this current one. I asked for an RMA number and returned the unit to MTU. They deducted a re-stocking charge.
I have been with this company a long time, Since 2003, and in the beginning I spoke with the owner most times and he would spend some time helping with the problems I would have with other software. Like never being able to download programs for some unknown reasons and would have to purchase the CD/or/DVD to get the programs to work.
*I would like to hear from someone from MTU who can explain to me why my unit will 'test write' a new disk that I want to burn and it processes perfectly, but when the burner tells me that testing process was completed successfuly and it asks if I want to burn it, it errors out every time. What part of my computer system has any control at that point in the process. Then, maybe I can work on that piece of hardware or software!
I have some $15,000 dollars of editing software and hardware in this computer. I have Pinnacle Software and Pinnacle hardware, Lexocon amplifiers that I use to produce my recording of all of our Songs Using $500 dollar microphones and Cakewalk software when I need to produce new music. I can run all of this equipment but I can't produce a Karaoke disk with this burner. I have seventy Karaoke disk to create now but my business is dead in the water.
I purchased this new burner on 2008-11-25 @ 23:30:24. My order number is 63081. I've had it just over a month. It worked for two weeks and your Warranty is 10 days.
*I think if no one can answer my question I feel that MTU owes me something. At least to check the unit out at you plant and see if they can get it to work.
I have been buying MTU software and hardware since 2003. I really am not mad, I'm disapointed!
This is information you need to put in your Support Ticket Email.
There is only one point in this part of your post I will comment on. When you have Microstudio perform "Test CD Before Writing" it is not testing the CD itself as this would require writing to it and would ruin the CD. It is testing the drive controller to make sure it is responding correctly without actually turning on the laser to perform the burn. The drive is performing every step of the function with the laser turned off so it doesn't ruin the CD.