View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2001, 11:50 PM

Smile

Note to Driftaway: In a previous message, I mentioned that I was finally able to download the software with some help from the technical support desk. NO PROBLEM WITH THE SOFTWARE. I just needed to type in the password CORRECTLY! The software works as it was designed to. You can download it from your hard drive to a blank CD-R disc as Brian Corr suggested below. Blank CD-Rs are becoming inexpensive nowadays.

Note to Admin: While you're tinkering with the Vogone II development, I have two suggestions:
1) Is there some way you can develop an upgrade version - as opposed to a whole new version - for those customers who already have Vogone I and therefore pay half price instead of full price (whatever that turns out to be) for Vogone II? Vogone II would probably be worth at least $60.

ADMIN: Target price is $99 ($59 for Vogone I owners) for a total new product, which IMHO, is a give-away. To make it an optional upgrade is adding complexity to the programming that you don't what to pay for.

2) Perhaps you could develop Vogone II so that it offers an option feature for customers to decide whether to eliminate the backup vocals or not, sort of an off/on switch within the software.

ADMIN: I am hoping to have 2 controls that can be adjusted live while listening; 1 for the vocals, and 1 for a second removal (theoretically could be: reverb-echo, background singers, an instrument you want to remove, etc.). However, if we find the second control cannot compute in realtime (along with all the other tools I'm not discussing yet), we will drop back to one. Take heart, you should be able to make multiple passes on a song; remove the vocal on the first pass, remove the echo on the second pass.