View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:26 PM

Thanks, George. That seemed to help. Not on the old project but on new ones. I have two questions I need answered.
1st: When I edit the lyrics after I have placed the sweep, does the changes to the lyrics page affect the timing of the sweep. Or in other words, must I make all changes to the lyrics before I tap in the sweep? (add page breaks etc). That's what happened to my last song, I added some page breaks and lost the timing on the sweep. Removing the changes did not restore the timing.

2nd: I am having trouble at the end of a song. The highlighting seems to stop before it reaches the end of the lyrics. My guess is I have confussed the program by changing the start and end on these words and caused an overlap betwen words. Therefore, I need to know more about the adjust arrows.
When you advance a underlined word, does it move the end of the word also or does it stretch the word. If it advances the whole word, does it move all the words on that line? So If the whole line is slow, must I advance each word (begininng & ending) on that line or will advancing the first word do it?

I have two suggestings to MTU:

1. We should be able to retap the sweep at any point in a song. Now, If we make a mistake, we must redo the whole song. That's a real pain partically if the mistak is at the end.

2. It would be helpful to be able to see the time sweep of each word. That would give you a visual indicater for adjusting words and make it easier to duplicate timing on repeted lyrics. It would also show if you have overlapping timing between words. I think that is what my problem currently is. As a lot of lyrics are repeted, it would be great to be able to copy and paste the timing on these lyrics so they would always be the same.
Bob