View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:15 AM

Re: The Lawsuits Have Started In Virgina

Quote:
Have any of these folks that have been wrongly sued gone after SC at all?

I can't speak for anyone else but myself. But here again, i think we are missing the point that admin was trying to make. That being, the way SC is conducting themselves, and the damage they are doing to the karaoke industry as a whole. You sue me, i'll sue you, then i'll sue you back, then i'll sue you again, then..... doesn't solve the problem we have right now. The point is, the innocent kj's are not the only victims here. Also the singers, the club owners, the manu's of software the list is endless are all victims in this mess.

Admin was trying to convey to us, the point of why should we have to put up with someone coming into our.. for lack of a better word {space}, and lable us a crook. Especially across state lines. You can never sue for enough money to get your reputation back..ever. No one likes a thief, on the other hand. No one likes to be called a thief when they're not. If you believe someone is wrongly using something that belongs to you, and you try to get a remedy through the court system, it is not "wrongful Prosecution", or "slander". However, that being said, you just can't go out and assume everyone stoled your trademark and product. It's not so much what sound choice is doing, as how they are doing it.

You see rock, SC actions are planned out. It's like you scratch my back, and i'll scratch yours. I'll let you off the hook, but what's in it for me? That's their slant on it...MONEY! Most club and bar owners and managers are not karaoke host. They couldn't tell a hot hard drive from a good one. So they're suppose to check everyones gear now? It's ridiculous. So low and behold along comes the KIAA. And for $50 they can educate you, and that also includes hiring only kj's that belong to the KIAA in your club. You say, you don't want to joint the KIAA, can't afford the 50 bucks? tough! See how this stuff works? Anyways.....good luck with your karaoke endeavors rock