View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:27 PM
VIP

Re: Wireless video receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKKI TIKKI View Post
Skybird is correct, there is some intermittent interference once in a while, and the microwave oven in the gig that I use mine in, will cause havoc while in operation, and I set up mine in a lower location and at the beginning when I change from satellite to Karaoke, the bodies mingling around the pool table will cause some breakup of the signal, but it gets better/stronger as the night/show progresses. I use the x-10 as a work around for a second display on a larger flatscreen about 40 ft away from my station. This gig is in a small sportsbar that is wall to wall singers, no stage, so the more displays that I can create, the better. If you remember, it was because the owner wouldn't allow me to do any additional wiring, because he leases, and anything that he installs permanently, will stay with the building if and when he vacates. I'm sure that once the show is a little more established, that I will be able to sell him on a permanent solution. For the time being, it suits my purpose to use the wireless sender/receiver, and the crowd puts up with the intermittent signal loss...

P.S. Also make sure that the sending unit is on the computer, and the receiving unit is on the TV... easy to switch around, as they are similar looking!
I guess that's my whole point. At some point; anywhere you are, especially in any public place in any city/town, etc. there is going to be some interference from some source,even if it is a wireless network across the street passing thru or whatever, pretty much renders these things useless if you are looking for some clarity for lyrics, ads, slide shows, and nice clear videos. Why show the audience a semi-pro look after we've spent all this money and time on professional equipment. The last place to scrimp is the final output, what the people see. I don't want them blinking there eyes all night (or at any time during the night) on wavy lines cutting through what should be a clear product.