View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:14 AM

Sorry for the double post dale. But i read that Sound Choice letter, and excuse me for laughing. I really enjoyed the part that read "we will give karaoke show host every opportunity to prove that they have legally purchased Sound Choice re-recorded tracks prior to contacting venue owners/managers". What a crock... since when does someone acused of doing something illegal have to prove he hasn't? hilarious. Ron, this is that money hungry RIAA at work here my friend, not sound choice. Sound choice is along for the money. I don't think they waltzed into your club and said "poof you're illegal". Something is missing here. A few suggestions for others. Don't show these morons anything. Not a hard drive, your original library disc..nadda. Make them show cause to a judge why they think you are illegal, thats the first step a discovery hearing. Second, if it got that far. You have a right to view the original licensing agreement sound choice claims to hold, not only for your songs they claim you use illegally. But for sound choices' entire library. Goes to the credibility of sound choice, if they produced even one song that they cannot produce a legal rights for..lawsuit is over. Remember ron, they have the burden of proof. The fact they want to buy you off tells volumes. Looks like they are testing the legal waters, and making you folks a scapegoat. I would sell my home, vehicles, file for bankruptcy, and live under a bridge before i'd pay these guys a dime. There is a right way, and a wrong way to go about doing things. And clearly sound choice has opened a can of worms they may in the near future wished they hadn't....I think walt has a great idea..boycott these guys. Apparently sales are down at sound choice. They really should be going after these guys that sell those loaded hard drives on ebay, and craigs list. And those big entertainment companies that run a dozen kj's, off one set of original disc. Pardon me...i'm nauseated at this whole mess, i think i'll get a sound choice disc out and barf on it...lol. I think billyo has the right idea..start doing this for fun...not making any money at it anyway..lol
Forgot to mention, i've been told to pass on to you ron, that sound choice has to prove damages. In your situation, the worse case scenario should be, that you must purchase the songs you are using of theirs that you hadn't purchased. Sound choice is out that sale of those songs for each hard drive. Not their entire libray..what crooks...lol yep sales are down...lol

Last edited by Musicman51; January 22nd, 2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention