View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2002, 11:10 PM

Eric
I believe the DMA is to be turned on, but not until the installation is complete and you are ready to restart the computer. The Auto Insert Notification is to be turned off. I'd guess most of your problems are driver and memory related.

As thin as you're running on memory it's probably vital that you have no other programs running in the background when using Microstudio. Go to control panel, system, and performance. That'll tell you how much memory is being sucked up by programs running in the background. If the performancr level is say 70% then you only have somewhere around 44-45 mg ram available to operate with, on a 64 mg. system.

Haven't a clue as to why Media player and Adaptec are popping up on you. That's going to be one for support.I've no experience with the USB Burner.As far as write speed where CDG is concerned, although my inboard Plextor will write at 16X I'm not comfortable with speeds over 8X. You'll get 24 different opinions from 24 different people on that one, but at 8X with my Plextor I get completely 100% glitch free cdg's. No random crap on the screen, half shaded letters, etc. I go to the 16X for just plain audio cd's.

Jim,
If you are uninstalling and reinstalling Adaptec(you shouldn't have to do that), after each reinstallation you may have to go back into the device manager and make certain the Auto Insert Notification hasn't gotten turned back on. Adaptec turns it on automatically when being installed.

Take Care,

George

Last edited by George; June 20th, 2002 at 08:57 AM.