View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2015, 04:59 AM
VIP

Re: how many of you use compressers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
OK, so next question... sub woofers...

Are these like separate speakers that provide better low end (Bass)?
If so, I'd be interested in that simple because of the richer sound.

Considering the speakers I have and the DriveRack PA+ along with the Behringer iNUKE NU3000 Power Amp I'm planning on using... any recommendations for sub woofers that would work well with my setup?
General rule of thumb for subs is double what your mains put out. So if you go with the 400 watt per channel amp for the mains (recommended), your sub should put out 800 watts. You can usually find a powered sub that generates that kind of wattage. The Driverack will be able to work with both the main amp & powered sub with no issues.

For karaoke using a Driverack on monitors is a waste of $$ IMO. And 1/4" jacks are not 'rookie' connections. For YEARS prior up to today, 1/4" jacks are still used and still used today for those that need them. No damage to the amps can happen by using them - otherwise the amp manus wouldn't use them (I still use them to this day 7 nights a week on a 3000 watts karaoke PA with Nye any issues and our band used them for years without any issues). The BENEFIT by NOT using them (1/4" connections) and using the Speakon outputs (that lock into place) are the chance of them getting kicked out by accident. Also a wire gauge is not measured by it's use. A 12 gauge lamp wire would work as long as the copper inside is truly what it is rated - again you wouldn't hurt anything by using it especially in as low of wattage system as you are looking at, however it is easier just to use a regular speaker cable designed for pro use.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB