View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
Although i don't do KJ work myself, instead i do one man shows using tracks, piano, and guitar, i feel it is unfair to list all new kj in the same book. Some are starting out just as the rest of you did, legitimate, and trying to get a start. We all know that to get started you have to get in the door. Usually a lower price will do that. They are doing what they have to do to get started. I read where many of you that are seasoned are continuing to upgrade your equipment. Some of the newer kj's may not have all the bells and whistles you do, but, maybe the same economics we all face dictate what they buy or use.
I'm just saying it isn't fair to lump "all the Newcomer's" in the same bag. Economics may also be forcing them to start a kj business for various reasons. Irregardless, the cream will rise to the top.
This is just an opinion derived from reading this topic, and, an opinion only!
muzicman

i myself dont have problems on new kj's trying to get gigs, the only problem i have is when they come in with an attitude that they can do the shows better and having just a few hundreds of songs and gears that i wouldnt even used in my garage, i've seen a new kj in a place where he's using a player ( still ) and just a few georgia brown and supercore disc, and people had to used the back side of paper menus to write down their names and songs..in my opinion if you're starting out and undercutting seasoned kj's,at least they should get a descent gear..and for the establishmnet owners i guessed it's true what they say " you get what you paid for "

Last edited by billyo; March 16th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.