View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Before I move on I wanna be sure again. First, there is no way to know which folders and files were compressed, I just ran the compress drive for a long time until i had some free space, and although you say don't uncompress the windows folders; not sure why, as it IS windows that has been slowed right down to a snail, so therefore wouldn't the compression of THESE files be causing a lot of that.
I mean other data files and large picture files (compressed) that I rarely access wouldn't have much bearing on the slowness would they.

The basic window commands are slow, opening folders, going to internet sites, etc.
Bryant, read the whole sentence not just one phrase. I said do not uncompress the Windows folder until you can compare with another normal computer.

From Microsoft Support
Displaying Compressed Files in Color

You can change the display of files and folders that are compressed in Windows Explorer and My Computer, so it is easy to see them. To display compressed files in color:
  1. Double-click Folder Options in Control Panel.
  2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  3. Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options.
  4. On the View tab, click to select the Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color check box.