View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Windows XP
Lite-On CD/DVD drive
Unfortunately the computer only allows 1 GB of RAM. (I have ordered a Hoster Notebook from MTU, so will only be using this computer for a couple more weeks.)

I have only tried clicking on the title bar of the Progress Window when the system has slowed down due to Virtual memory being bottlenecked after already reading a bunch of CDGs (for hours) so this would not be fun to replicate. I would assume that if the reading has not slowed down that clicking on the progress bar would have no effect as it is already progresssing.

This makes me wonder if perhaps clicking on the window somehow raises the process priority and helps Windows flush some virtual memory for it to continue. When I did try this in the past I would see the progress bar not progessing at all, I'd click and hold and it would start progressing, I'd stop clicking and it would freeze again, repeat...

Another thing I remember. If I closed other apps the windows would briefly show progress and then freeze again, so I do wonder if clicking does somehow increase the read/write priority and brute force its way through the virtual memory.