View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjim View Post
Please don't be upset, I'm trying to uderstand. If they don't use the laptop, how do they find the songs they want to sing? Is it because you have every karaoke track in exsistance? How do they find out about new songs? What do you tell them when they ask "where is the book"?
As i stated earlier, we have approx 28,000 songs, We try to be as current as possible. We did have a few problems at first with "where's your books" but as you say, "i don't need a paper slip, just tell me the name of the song and your name", 99% of the time we have it. There are times it takes a little more effort, but is worth it in the long run

Quote:
Exactly what is it you want me to try? I'm always up for anything that makes the show better.
We do not leave the laptop out for any to use, We usually man it. But as i stated, using Hoster gives us the time. This may not work in every Bar, but we only play the one bar three nights a week, keep the rotation around 15-20, and, after a few initial problems, we ironed everything out and it really runs smooth

Quote:
Two things I tell my singers is 1. "don't carry the book with you when you make a request, leave the books on the tables" and 2. "I don't need a paper slip, just tell me the name of the song and youe name". I can't tell you how many time I say this in a weeks time.
Covered above

Totaly paperless (no books) would be cool for me but in the bigest club I host karaoke (one of the biggest clubs in town), if I didn't have books, I'd spend al night doing searches for people. "Do you have this song by so and so"? In my small clubs this is not an issue but in the big club where have twenty plus folks lined up to put in requests, it would take me twice as long to enter everybodies requests.

Every club is going to be different without a doubt BUT if you are doing something that will make my show (and everybody elses) run smoother
well, I'll be the first one to put it into action.

Paperless may not be for everyone, but i know it workd in our situation and bet there are others who do it also. Seems there was a thread on this a while back. I'm going to do a search to see.

Quote:
Thanks!

Jim
thanks
muzicman