View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:45 PM

Smile Re: another gem related problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I would be very wary about making changes to imported files outside of Hosters edit function.
Hosters data base "Songs.mbd" is a Microsoft Access data base file which can be opened and edited in Access or viewed in the latest versions of Excel.

But it is not advisable to edit in these programs as any changes made will be undone as soon as you use the Rebuild Database function.

As far as I can tell the program EmilioM suggested is much the same as the one I suggested although may be easier to understand and would only change the original file names not the ones in the database.
Perhaps EmilioM can come back on this and prove me wrong.
I have not tried it so can't comment on it.
Whatever you try test it first on a small test amount first before going the whole hog.

And put a suggestion in the Hoster new features requests forum for the Find & Replace, they were working on it but this might remind them.
Roy, that may be true as far as not affecting the database. I always download to a folder first and make any corrections there before importing into Hoster. What he should probably do is go to his folder that contains his music, cut and paste all the songs that have the underscores to a new folder on his desktop. Do a rebuild to wipe out the song files from his database, process the song files that are now located in the folder on his desktop with the aforementioned program, and once corrected, reimport into Hoster.