View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Lets just agree to disagree. I have done it your way, and I have done it my way. One system I use is completely discs. The other two are completely computers. Invariably, when I play discs in a club we work at, my customers tell me how old fashioned that system is and that I should change it to the computer type. There, I play every disc they bring in.

I don't have to buy many discs that I don't already have, but it does two things. One, it gives me music that my customer wants me to have. And two, it shows them that I care very much for their business. I have yet to find one person who is dissatisfied with my approach after I get the chance to explain my system to them. Instead, they have become great customers and friends.

I also eliminate the problem with scratched and damaged discs. If their disc shows graffiti all over the screen they blame me or my equipment. I much prefer new discs that have just been loaded on my hard drive. I suppose I am a little different because I don't do this for a living. It is simply a hobby I love, and I only try to break even at best. Some folks restore old cars, buy boats, or go on vacations. I prefer to make folks happy with music. My ladies put on a great song and dance show along with the karaoke, so they are much more than just KJs.

As I said earlier, I don't use Hoster. I am sure it is a great program, but the one I use does everything I could ever want it to do, and more. If I ever get a new hosting system, Hoster will probably be the one I choose. Until then, I will use the one I am currently using, since I find it very easy to use and faster and more loaded with features than I need it to be.

By the way, I can play CDs if I wish, but I prefer not to. My ladies like it much better when they are rotated to the computer systems also.

This will be my final post on this subject. I appreciate your wisdom, but it takes all kinds to make a show. I won't knock your approach since it works for you, but have an open mind about my way also. Remember, I have and sometimes still do it your way. However, I find I like it better without the discs in my shows.