View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2003, 05:47 PM

I have never heard of Uni-cole. When Kpro5 comes out, I have see it. I used to sing Music of the Night at lot, especially, people at a party requested that. I am proud to say that no one in our Chinese group can sing that. They tried. I don't really like Michael Crawford's voice. Domingo is my man. Recently, I made the English version of Vienna, City of My Dream. That is "my song" now. I had to listen to this old recording done by Richard Tauber to get the lyrics. I guess he was pretty old when he recorded the song; a lot words I couldn't make out, and had to fudge. I can do the German version though, but I can't pronounce German like the natives do. *****king doesn't really help. I have to tell you also that Cantonese is a "hard" language. I have never heard of a nice sounding song sung in Cantonese. People here sing in Cantonese, Taiwanese, and even Japanese songs. I can't do any of these. No interest either. I sing mostly in English and French although I don't really know French. Emmanuel is a beautiful song. So is La Mer in French sung in a low voice. Don't like the Bobby Darin version which is called Beyond the Sea.