View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

I got what you sent Bryan, thanks.

It still fails to work correctly. There also is no README in the package -- it comes up as a blank file.

I wiped everything off the machine in question and reinstalled WinME. I installed 5.4 from what you sent, and same result,
Medit flickers on and then goes away quickly.

After the first install, reboot and try to run Medit, but it advises no i/o module specified. However, it was installed as Krystal-only.

I installed it again over top of itself, and same result again.
It will attempt to give you the Medit screen and then quickly close it.

The slot the Krystal is in is set in BIOS to assign to IRQ9 (I also tried with IRQ 11) and IRQ steering is set off in Windows ME and also the "use bios" option is selected under Control Panel/Device Manager/ PCI Bus, as the Win 98 manual suggests.

So I'm a bit lost. The Krystal tests do not run at all, but since you changed the VXD, they don't run on any other machines here running 5.4 either. (function.tst and motherboard.tst). The 301 and 301D tests (DOS based) do run and indicate the motherboard is seeing Krystal and vice-versa. The board does also show in control panel, with the familiar yellow question mark because the m/media driver is not loaded.

MSNDSTAT says present but not functioning, error code 24

Any further advice? I'm convinced there may be things missing in the package, and that it's the same package that was on the CD. For sure the readme and help files are missing from both the package I got on the CD as well as the new package you sent -- which also leads me to think something else may be missing.