View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:10 PM
VIP

Re: Best Monthly Series for staying current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
I think I'd tell them to go get a court order... because that opens the door for a counter suit when they find I've purchased all my own stuff, have the originals with receipts.

Then, you could sue for false prosecution because they would be using the court system to falsely accuse someone... which means you would be able to win a lawsuit for substantial damages.

Surely they get some evidence of wrong doing before trying to audit someone, right? Even the IRS doesn't just audit without there being some evidence of something not being right.

That'd be a good question... has anyone been accused by a manufacturer of wrong doing, taken to court and lost, and then got counter sued for damages?
Yeah, many have thought that way as well that have ended up paying quite a bit and some getting their stuff confiscated BY a court ordered judgement against them.
Yes they do investigations, but unless you are using original discs, they cannot tell if your hard drive has actual stuff you shifted or bought off ebay - no way to tell and since SC was never sold on computer format (the GEM series is, but it's different colors than the regular discs), the only way they can distinguish is with an audit. Submitted by the kj or through the courts.
Haven't heard of any kj fighting it and winning to date.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB