View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2001, 11:34 AM

Unistalled 2.008 and installed 2.010. Everything is going fine, no problems so far except see below. Everything seems to be doing what it's supposted to. Congrats Dave. Very Impressive.

In working with a number of songs I noticed that one song in particular, now matter where I put the settings, Vog1 removes more vocals than Vog2. The quality suffers lots, but less of the vocals are present in Vog1. Is this mainly an EQ thing? I mixed the vocals myself, they are center. The reverb is the main thing producing the "ghost" vocals.

The problem I'm seeing is with the Play Orig, Play Voc2, Play Voc1 buttons. I can hit PLAY, hit STOP, hit different PLAY, works fine. I also can hit PLAY, hit different PLAY (without STOP) and this works too. The first thing I noticed is that sometimes while Playing Vog2 I have to hit PLAY Orig about three times to get the playback to change. It looks like it is selecting first, then nothing then PLAY.

The above is very minor but this is where I found the following bug. Do this to re-create it: Pick a song where there is a very noticable difference between playback of Vog2 and Vog1. Click PLAY Vog2, STOP, VOG1. It works right. Now try PLAY Vog2 then PLAY Vog1 (listen), then PLAY Vo1 again. Here's what's happening:

PLAY Vog2- plays fine
PLAY Vog1- plays but is it really Vo1? Some of the time it's not.
PLAY Vog1- The real Vog1 plays

The bug is that sometimes PLAY Vog1 is displaying like it's the playback, but it's not. Keep clicking and you will hear the difference.

I just tried the above (after re-starting the program) and for a while it worked fine but I was eventually able to duplicate.

Rob