View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:35 PM

Re: Mackie Profx8 or 12

I don't want to get off track here, but since we're talking mixers. I am using the Peavey 16 FX for karaoke and live band set up:
http://www.peavey.com/products/brows.../116191/16FX™.

And also the Peavey 32 FX for my studio
http://www.peavey.com/products/brows.../116194/32FX™.

These are just incredible. In MHO, the most advanced and fun to play around with mixers on the planet. I have two usb ports on each mixer. I can record an evening of karaoke, or my band practice, or a recording session on a memory stick. No other software needed. Then send it to my studio XP computer mastering software, and edit. Or simply send it to xp, and write a cd of it. That simple no other software needed. Might want to take a quick look at it, and watch the video on peavey's website.

For instance this mixer's computer can completly set up your karaoke location for feedback on all your mics {i currently run 3}, then save it to the library, then bring it up and use it next time you return to that venue. You can use 3 different effects at once! Can't even do that with expensive outboard effect processors, and all the extra cabling involved. A parametric eq, and dual 27 band eq's right on board, that can be saved for your next trip to that venue. I've owned the 16 channel for a couple years now, and i'm still in the learning process. This mixer never ceases to amaze me with what it's capable of doing.

All my studio guitar sessions i record right on the peavey FX32. Then send to my computer editing software, or simply unplug the memory stick, and transfer that. I record Band In A Box backing tracks right on the peavey32 FX, and plug them into my laptop for guitaroke that evening. Also works great with CDG's for hoster as well. Wanna clean up keyrite a little? right here.

I dunno 'bout you. But i have several cassette karaoke songs, and even some cdg's that sound like they were recorded using a boom box and plastic microphone. I load them in the peavey, clean them up, and write them to stick, or send them to my studio computer. Add keyrite if you wish, homeproduce, and microstudio..gotta new useful track. Karaoke is more for me, then just calling up singers. A vary valuable system tool for karaoke. Check it out.....