View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:11 PM
VIP

Re: Mackie Profx8 or 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i've been using mine for 3 or 4 months now and the only thing i've noticed was when my laptop is plugged into the usb, it gets so loud that my new Mackie 350v speakers clip mtr. blinks once in a while, but when using the channel line everything is fine..have you tried using the channnel input..to see if you get the same problem..
No I haven't but the whole reason i bought the thing is to get the USB function to work from the audio interface in the mixer, so I don't have to use the soundcard out of the computer.

I do keep that little round usb volume knob at 9 o'clock and my laptop volume at half way up (that little volume controller in the task bar on the lower right of the screen). When i need to adjust the music volume, it is an ever-so-small turn with that round button.

On my shuttle computer and a different mackie, profx12, one night as I was plugging my laptop into the mixers channel input as a song was playing from the shuttle which was hooked up to the usb side of the mixer, lost all volume just like that. Turned off mixer and back on, all was fine after. Didn't dare to touch anything after that.

let me add this, as I just remembered. That same night when the laptop was plugged in the channel inputs and Shuttle working from usb side, I plugged my usb camera into the laptop, and again, all volume went down again. Can this be coincidence?

Go figure again.