View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:50 AM

there are i believed 385 bars in where i'm from, and most of them or all of them has either bands or karaoke's sometimes they have both on diff. days, i know most of the kj's in my area, and i know that 90% of them does karaoke as their main source of income, and sometimes i get a job offers , the first thing i asked was " if they already have someone doing it for them or did they ever have karaoke before, if they said yes on the first question, i would turn it down, i dont take gigs from other kj's and i will give them a # to call, and if no for the second question , then i will do it.. ( i only play for bars/ restaurants that never had karaoke before.)since the economy started going down, we now have an influxed of kj's coming from diff. counties trying to take jobs for less pay ( i get calls from diff. kj's asking me if i ever heard of such and such person , since they know that i've been in this business longer than some of them and knew my reputation)but anyway it's a cut throat world out there right now, and i hope that doing karaoke wont be a thing of the past...