View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2009, 12:48 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
if doing karaoke is your main source of income, i could understand, no you can't be thin skinned, but it's not my main source of income, even though i've invested alot on my equipments and to me it's just a hobby, i can't be thick skinned.i can't see myself charging customers to sing
Billy'O,

You're right about expensive hobbies, and most here would envy your position to play small private parties on weekends, where you get to sing along with your friends! Then you throw in the term customer, and this implies that you are charging something to do these private parties, and thus are charging your clients/customers to sing! Granted it's not the $ jukebox variety that we previously discussed! But....

I hope your hobby fulfills your love to sing and entertain, and have a gathering that is appreciative to have you and your equipments there for their enjoyment!

When the hobbyist tries to come out in a professional atmosphere, and has to compete with the full time KJ's/Dj's, then he enters the lair of lion, and is competing for what the lion requires to exist, and better be prepared to run a little faster than the rest of the herd, or face being swallowed up! (please excuse this analogy, but it was the scenario that seemed to fit!)

This thread pertains to the professional KJ, and how the poor economy is affecting their business!

Rick
Rikki Tikki Karaoke