Thread: Text Won't Play
View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2004, 04:24 PM

I have recently rebuilt my system unit from the ground up, with a nice new nvidia GeForce 5200 graphics card and I am having exactly the same problem. I have tried all the hints in this thread (thanx everyone!) but unfortunately they have made no difference. Just for info...

Windows XP Pro, with all current MS upgrades/patches
Plextor 708a, firmware revision 1.06
nVIDIA Personal Cinema FX5200-VT128 (ie 128Mb) with latest drivers from nvidia.com
Microstudio 2517, freshly downloaded and installed
DirectX 9
System is Athlon 1.4Ghz on Abit K7a-Raid m'board, 512Mb mem and shedloads of HDD space

I have tried to play from Sunfly and EK CDG disks, CDG files on my hard disk extracted from CDG (before the rebuild) from various manufacturers and CDG files I have created with KHPro 4.008 (again before the rebuild). None will play correctly.

BUT I can force the play to start!
1) Open Microstudio and select a track and press play
2) The display window opens with the initial title display and the music starts
3) I now select the 'safely remove hardware' icon from my taskbar and try to stop USB Mass Storage Device
4) This produces an error, but in the meantime the Microstudio Display has started (at a point well into the song)
5) The song will play until stopped or completed
6) If I start the song again or select another song it again stops at the title display

Another way to start the display, that sometimes works, is to press play, then click the mouse once in the track list box or twice on the 'frame' of Microstudio

I know this is long winded but this can't be an isolated problem but I hope there is enough info here for the techies among you to discover where the problem lies. Good luck!

Last edited by Soloscorpion; May 12th, 2004 at 04:37 PM.