View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM

The sky is the limit

In answer to chatrobot's ? It really depends on how much you want to spend.
Sounds like the interface will work, you can probably hook into your home stereo I know I have done that for years. Both playing disks and now using Hoster. I have a pioneer sx 780 receiver and hook my laptop into that for the music I also have a bookshelf Jvc karaoke system that I use for my microphones. In my basement for practice It sounds just fine.
For Kj'ing I have two different sound systems One is a Yamaha EMX 660, 600 watts at 4 ohms I use two peavey Black widow 12 in floor monitors for mains and Cgm 12 in floor monitors for singers. The other is a Peavey F 696 1200 watts at 4 ohms I use two Yamaha 15 in Mark IV series club speakers for Mains and Two Peavey Black widow 15 in floor monitors for singers. Both systems sound great. Lots of power and flexibility.
I can hook my Sony Vaio Laptop into any of the systems mentioned above and using hoster Have a great show or practice etc. You don't have to go overboard to have great sound. I'm a little compulsive and did not like having to cart the yamaha sound system to work with me and back home each time I use it. I do karaoke at my job for patients in the hospital I work at once a week. I use the peavey system for Karaoke Gigs away from work. I use the Pioneer receiver and 4 speakers along with the microphone set up described above to practice with. If I sound good on it then I sound really good when I use the two Pro audio systems. There is all kinds of different ways to go, "The Sky is The Limit". You just have to find what works best for You, and Have Fun.
John