View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassypatty View Post
1. Well, i finally had a chance to use the lame dll file that mtu wants you to use. My demo version of Songverter works

2. but there is no ability to convert from or to zipped wma files. I also had synchronization issues on a couple of the songs with the graphics and music when I played the zipped mpg3 files back. These files were ripped from kma files to zipped mpg3.

3. So, apparently the "lastest" version of the lame dll file is "not" the way to go and one should use the dll file mtu points you to.

4. I still will probably not be excited about using this program at the moment since it will be faster to rip from the original discs so I can get the disc and song naming feature for all the songs automatically rather than attempting to rename all the kma files on my drive. I would also utilize the program further if it also ripped from and to zipped wma files.

5. I am also concerned about the playback quirks at the moment and will monitor the progress of the updates on this program as I think it will be useful in the future after these bugs are worked out.
1. We're sorry the misstatement of "latest" was wrong. I edited it above (and added notes that you were right) to state that Songverter requires a DLL that supports ALL the MP3 functions that Songverter supports. Songverter 1.001 will soon release, and it now accurately checks any found Lame DLL as to supported functions, disabling MP3 use if any are not supported. This will allow running all the other functions in Songverter without MP3 until you replace the DLL.

2. Adding ZIPPED WMA+G support is trivial, and is being added into version 1.001 as I type.

3. See my #1 above.

4. The other program may "currently" be perceived as faster, but realize that MTU's import error correction in both Hoster and Microstudio is superior to what you are looking at. In another forum their owner tried to prod me to reveal what techniques we used.

5. Sassypatty, to my knowledge, you are the only person to report any out of sync lyrics after conversion. Knowing what we are doing, I'd first suspect your original was out of sync also. If not, we have a bug and it will surface over time... assuming others report the same as you. Being the "point girl" isn't a bad thing, but you should realize Songverter is a brand new release, and you're pushing the envelope... and MTU is responding quickly.

REQUEST: Please email support at mtu dot com one of your master format files that is converting to another format and playing the lyrics out of sync. We will verify what is causing this to happen so we can fix it... assuming it is happening.

Also please post here what player you are using to verify the converted files. We need this to verify your reported problem. If it is not an MTU player, please try playing in Microstudio and post your findings.