View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassypatty View Post
August 29, 2007, 5:30 pmSongverter Problems[] Client
Name: Patricia
Windows: XPHOME

Question:
Trying to use demo of Songverter and having runtime errors etc. Went to forum and seems people have lots of problems but no solutions for mine. Able to convert kma file to bin and some audio format to audio format only files but unable to convert from zip files or to zip files from kma or anything else without runtime errors. Have all necessary components, plenty of space etc on fairly decent hp machine. Tried all kinds of variations. Runtime error says this app has requested the runtime to terminate this app in an unusual way and to contact apps support team. I am assuming from reading forum pages that I am not alone in these problems. From what I read I presume I will have the same problems with the program that I'm having with the demo. Received an e-mail saying I could buy the program for $10 off by tomorrow and I really really want it but am afraid to buy it now with your new no refund policy. Suggestions or fixes????? Thank you!

August 30, 2007, 4:04 pmRE: Songverter Problemsmtusupport

If you have all of the Windows Updates, I would say that is not the problem. But You might try this FAQ anyways http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?action=kb&article=84

Then, you might want to make sure that you have the very latest version of the Lame_enc.dll file. Which you can download from here http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Lame_Encoder.htm

August 30, 2007, 4:18 pmRE: Songverter Problems[ ] Client
Well, as I said I have all necessary components on my machine. I already have all necessary windows updates which I know how to install. I also read everything on your site before giving up and writing to you for help. I downloaded the appropriate lame encoder file and discovered that the "very latest" version that you refer to was not as current as the one already on my computer. You should take note of the 2004 date. This indicates to me that the problem is not with my system but with your product. Is this correct? Unless you offer me further assistance I guess I will not be making use of the $10 off deal that expires today and will be waiting to see if there are improvements in your product before reconsidering purchasing it.

Thanks. I do have all the Windows updates, and got the Lame DLL today when I installed the program. I purchased it today to get the $10 off... It's working fine for KMA to WMA files as long as I do small "bunches" of files, and don't try to do the entire directory of files at once.