Thread: USB Sound Cards
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2019, 07:10 PM
VIP

Re: USB Sound Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
WaltR,
Thanks for the information. I just ordered one with 6\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" cord. I wish I would have known about these a long time ago. After what you said I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll order another one just to have a spare

Thanks again,
Ernie
You are welcome and good luck to you!

I should have mentioned this before but I didn\\\'t think of it at the time. Maybe you already know this but you can use the usb of your computer to hook up directly to a mixer, that is if the mixer is equipped with a usb setup. I am using that now on a Peavey mixer I have. You have to be careful though when purchasing a mixer with usb connections because some only allow your computer to be controlled at the master circuitry which means you can\\\'t control the volume of your computer without it changing the volume of you mics that you have connected to the mixer, unless you control the volume at the computer which is a pain. The one I use allows me to assign the usb to one of the channels on the mixer so I can control the volume as I do the mics before the signal reaches the master circuitry of the mixer. If you want more info on this let me know.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.

Last edited by WaltR; January 27th, 2019 at 07:19 PM.