View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM

missing KMA files in 'My Files' & slow Lyrics View

I have only used Microstudio once before and had no trouble burning a CDG from KMA files. This was on a previous release. (I think the one just before 4.20). I don't remember seeing any issues like the ones below.

After upgrading to 4.20 I started it up to play with a bit.
3 problems I noticed:

1. I have all of my kma files in a single folder on an external HD. Hoster generated and sees all of them. Microstudio doesn't see all of them. I have verified that it sees none of my *custom assembly* files (many of which I burned to CGD using the previous verson). I will do a more thorough look to see if there are other conditions for files not being seen, but thought I had enough info to ask about it.

2. The lyrics view window is painfully slow. The song is half way played by the time the title screen is displayed. This happens with any brand I play and regardless of whether it is a KMA file or a CDG.

3. The CD drive test failed my Plextor disk drive that the Hoster test passed. I manually flagged the drive as good and it worked.

I am using the current releases of Hoster & Microstudio on XP with 1 GB memory (the hardware won't take more memory). The PC is configured to run Hoster on dual displays and does so perfectly. I am only having troubles with Microstudio and I don't believe I saw any of these issues with the previous release.