View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:59 PM

Let me ask you all a question. How much do you think a bar makes on a Friday or Saturday?

Come on let's get real. If a bar make on an avg $3K to 4K every weekend. The waitresses are making $230 to $250 in tips. Are you going to settle for $150? I think not.

The bars you work are in the business of making money. If they hire a DJ for one night a week, they well pay around $300.00. As a KJ, I am bringing more equipment to the show. I have to entertain (not necessarily by singing, but, by antics) to make sure the crowd stays energized. For a Saturday nite, I am worth $325. Hell, they pay bands $500 to $600 a night. I will never sell myself short for a bar owner. I keep his clientel longer and they spend more money. I deserve a piece of the pie too.

I don't go after other peoples shows. However, and I did not ask for this, a friend asked me to do a show for him. Now, my friend was pretty burnt out too. Once I did the show, the owner asked me to do it every Thursday and Saturday. I feel I got a great deal. I get $225 per night sometimes more. My wife and I go eat and have a couple of drinks at this place at least once a week, and my wife attends my shows, we do not have to pay.

When you talk to owners. Be honest and don't promise a following. I am at the show to hold the clientel that the bar brings in. That's my job.