View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Best Monthly Series for staying current

I\'m UK based and always use http://www.selectatrack.com/
For Downloads, they have music downloads from about 20 different manufacturers But they are now displaying this message on the site.
Digital Song Restrictions

Over the recent months we have been forced to apply restrictions on many songs due to an a announcement by the PRS (the society responsible for granting licenses & collecting/distributing royalties for song writers & publishers in the UK) informing all UK karaoke suppliers that download & streaming karaoke usage of a selection of well known song writers and any songs controlled by the Sony/ATV publishing company is no longer allowed, meaning that many songs written or performed by certain artists will no longer be available to download or sing online, so the MP3+G and MP4 download options have been removed. All songs can still currently be ordered on CDG & DVD disc.

We are in ongoing discussions with the PRS and Sony/ATV regarding our fears of the negative impact this will have on our already shrinking industry and the obvious piracy issues it will cause, and of course trying to get the songs re-instated in digital formats. We will update this page as more information becomes available.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, but as a long standing and responsible PRS license holder we are bound by their terms and therefore this is
totally out of our hands!

If you have any questions or want more information please contact us, sales@selectatrack.com

I still buy a monthly disc of Hits from Mr. Entertainer as they are 18 tracks for £10.95 for me.

I recently purchased some individual tracks from Karaoke.net with my debit card, the only thing with that was Visa charges, The tracks $1.99 Visa exchange rate is 1.22 which makes it £1.64 but then Visa adds £1.00 minimum charge making it £2.63.

The Selecatrack downloads Are about £2.00 a track.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.