View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2022, 08:08 AM
VIP

Re: 100\'s Of Songs Indexed But Not Showing As Being Indexed?

Before you do anything, I would click on the import tab as before but this time go to the BUILD DATA BASE and click on that. It should list all of the folders that Hoster has indexed. See if the problem folders are listed there. IF NOT, add the missing folders to be scanned. If the folders that have the missing songs in them are listed then stop there.

Now if you are going to re-index your songs, I wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t delete the songs database folder in Hoster just yet (songs.mdb), instead I would rename it to say songs2.mdb. Now as you re-index, a new songs.mdb file will be generated. By re-naming the original you can always go back to it if need be by deleting the new one and re-naming the old one to the original. (I am assumng you know how to access this file.)

Now once this is done and you want to start indexing your songs from scratch, you need to delete all the kmh and all of the ImportededFiles.txt files. You are supposed to be able to do this by deleting songs in the edit page but I have found that it misses many songs and if this happens you won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get those songs re-indexed. The way i do it is to manually delete them under Windows Explorer or File Manager depending on which version of windows you are using. Once you have this completed you are ready to import all of your files from their present folders. If they are all in the proper defined order you can do them all at once, i.e. Disk ID, Artist, Title. If they are in different defined orders and you index them all at once you are going to end up with songs that have their order in the wrong columns. This is a big project and I have been through it so I wish you luck. I hope this gives you some guidance. I you have further questions please post them. Also I would make a backup of your song files just in case you happen to delete the wrong files!

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.