View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer View Post
You know very well that I have zero sour grapes about the whole death of Microeditor saga....I was clear about what I thought was needed from the beginning, and got back whatever information I got back....then I went on my way, and have continued to reply to posts here and give information about what I am doing to other users so they can make use of it in the event it would help them....

No anger. No sour grapes. Simple, scientific realism. I waited until the last possible moment to jump ship, really, always hoping that some of my requests would bear fruit. To that end, I made an effort to restate my requests and concerns in a more elegant and direct fashion continually. This particular thread, which currently spans 8 years, clearly documents some of those concerns and requests.
Jim, I apologize.

I'm a product developer, not an audio engineer. Sometimes you just left me in the dust and I or Larry or Elliot couldn't understand your requests. What else can I say... I'm sorry...

I'm listening here very carefully. Just today, David Clark, our current SW guru, and I were talking about getting Ricardo to revive DNoise including a graphic editor window for the template. When I look at our web site traffic, it is incredible that DNoise has so many visitors after being dead for so many years.

If there was a way we could revive Microeditor as software only, building on what is now readily available hardware, I'd consider it if we could set a price on it that we didn't loose our shirts. When I try to think about an "editor" for $99 or less, I'm left cold and disinterested. Is there a market we could reach in the $1,000+ range?

What if... we could resurrect Medit as is being described here? Is there enough market for us to garner a share somewhere?

We're seeing the handwriting on the wall for Karaoke CD+Graphics discs. The publishers hate the Karaoke Producers and no one can get digital download rights. It looks like VCD and DVD are going to replace CDG. That's why we've made investments and major advances in vocal removal.

All I can say is I'm hearing a very solid cadre of users who maybe I need to listen closer to... again.

Am I nuts?