View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:17 AM

Re: Newbie to Computerize Karaoke songs

Thank you folks to taking time anwer my question. I guess I did not make myself clear enough. I do have both Hoster and K4studio that includes Microstudio, vogone, keyrite. Right now I am using Hoster to import all my discs to hard drive as KMA format. I plan to use Hoster to play back from my computer. What I am wondering is that, without spending extra bucks, how can I hook up my laptop to my existing home karaoke system? My Karaoke system is a home entertainment version that consists of a Karaoke player, an amplifier, a TV and speakers. Since my laptop does not have S-video output I will not be able to hook up to TV directly. But I do have LCD monitor which I can hook up my laptop with. Since I run XP on my laptop I think I can use the virturl screen feature within XP to display lyric screen on LCD monitor and play list screen on my laptop screen. The question I have is how do I hook up my laptop with my sound system without buying additional hardware?

One simple thought is to use a Y cable that plug into the headset jack on my laptop and plug into my amplifer with the Y cable that has RCA connector. Then the question becomes how to I connect microphone in order to sing? Currently, the mic is connect to the Karaoke player. If I use computer as karaoke player then where do I plug in my mics? Not on my computer that is for sure. Not into my amplifier either as I do not think it will work either. I know that if I spend some bucks to get a USB audio interface and connect it to my laptop that might do the trick or if I go get a mixer or some sort. Then that means I have to spend more bucks which I would rather not. Any suggestions? Thanks.