View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:41 PM
VIP

Re: Importing New Mp3+g Files

[quote=kiwisinger;129468]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Q.1. If you are sure these are duplications of songs done as KMA, here is the fastest way to get rid of them. On the main hoster page go to the top and click on "import songs"; click on "build database"; highlight the folders you want to remove from Hoster; click on remove folders. CAUTION: MAKE SURE YOU ONLY HIGHLIGHT THE FOLDERS YOU WANT TO REMOVE. ONCE YOU REMOVE THEM YOU CAN'T GET THEM BACK WITHOUT RE-INDEXING THEM! After clicking on remove folders you should get 2 pop up windows one after another. Click "yes" to both of them.

Hi WaltR,

I hope I can explain this properly.

I have all these folders. Each folder represents a Disc and contains the cdg + mp3 files, that I imported into Hoster.

When I started years ago, Hoster created all the kma files. I didn't understand any of this or why, or the difference between the two kma & kmh files until you explained it to me haha I just happen to do it using the kma button.

As I mentioned earlier in my post, I've just recently created all these kmh files. I must have clicked the kmh button instead of the kma button.

That being the case, does that mean that "NO" kma files were created for those particular Discs that Hoster created kmh files for? If so, all I would need to do then to create the kma files for those Discs, is to re-import them as kma. Would that be correct?

Once I've done that, I can then go and delete all the kmh files?
Thank you also on how to do that.

Gee, I hope I've made sense haha

Thank you WaltR for your time and knowledge
Ok, that makes it a little clearer. If I understand you correctly, you imported these files from cdg disks, right?
If so, you imported them using the KMH instead of the KMA. You couldn't have done them both ways because it is either/or per import. Years ago, KMA was the only option. With improvements to Hoster over the years we now have choices.
If I am right so far, I don't know why you would want to delete them and re-import as KMA? I thought by your earlier post you had duplicated the files ending up with both KMA and KMH (same songs). This would result in double entries into Hoster for each song. You would have had to import them twice, once for KMA and once for KMH. I think you originally imported songs as KMA and later imported more songs but this time as KMH. If you want to re-index them as KMA then follow the procedure I posted earlier. After your remove those folders you can re-index them from the hard drive as KMA. Just remember, you will use approximately twice the hard drive space. Also if I am correct that you originally imported this files from CDG disks, whatever compression ratio you used to import them will not change. Originally most users would use the 128k ratio to minimize disk space. Now with the larger drives available some users are using, for example, a compression ratio of 320k. Technically the sound would be better but it uses more disk space. All of my songs are 128K. Most can't hear a drop off of sound quality at that rate. Remember, if you just remove the folders in Hoster as I described, you will not delete the songs from your hard drive. If you want to re-import them from your cdg disks you will have to go to the hard drive and delete them first. I wouldn't go that far but then again, I would keep the KMH as long as you didn't duplicate them. I hope I haven't added confusion.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.