View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:51 AM
VIP

Re: New place to gig on Thursday, but Sun/Tue. bar owner doesn't seem to like the ide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
The only point I see not being brought up here is if you don't so it he (Bar #2) will get someone else. So Bar #1 will likely see some loss of business anyway especially if Bar #2 decides to compete on the same nights you do. We have this problem with a new bar down the street from the VFW we play at. I already told the other owner I wasn't interested....besides she couldn't afford me . I hate having to move my equipment.
Exactly how I seem to look at this, too, Dale.

Actually bar #2 had been looking at someone else a while back (before they opened). It was one of those guys using another program and an E-Bay bought HD w/75,000 songs he was bragging about. Once a regular of mine I spoke about in a previous forum, if any of you recall. I didn't want to see his butt anywhere in this area (he lives out of town as it is), so I actually approached bar #2 a while back on this gig, for that reason, thinking there was absolutely no harm to bar #1 on his already packed house hiphop Thursday downstairs.