View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:28 PM
VIP

Re: New place to gig on Thursday, but Sun/Tue. bar owner doesn't seem to like the ide

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
this is just for the sake of conversation, my question is why would there be a conflict of interest? lets say i work for Ford. Co. assembly line installing break lines, and on my days off i work for GM doing the same thing, are you teling me that since i work for GM on my days off you'll cut my pay, if i were the Ford Co. i will ask you to work on your days off, same pay,no overtime pay,and i'll get more break work done..thats what i'm saying if bar#1 doesnt want Bryant to do those days in bar#2, Bryant should ask to have Thurs.added to his tue/sun gig.iIf Bryant is bringing in more people on tue/sun gig, then he might have the same people on thur. that means more revenue on those days.for bar #1
Yup, that's sort of like the way it is. The ppl I bring in on Sun/Tue are karaoke ppl only, which is the only place in town that offers anything on those nights to do. He is only concerned about those same ppl will have another place to spend their money doing the same thing on another night (even if the other night was at his place), so it spreads out the karaoke crowds money among three nights (instead of two). I'm trying to understand if his rationale makes a lot of sense, or just a little sense, or any at all. I had asked him last year about adding a third karaoke night on thurs. His response was "It might be too much of a good thing." Sort of saying it is just spreading out two nights over three.