View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:12 AM

I wish I could just leave the mic turned down. My main problem is usually from my monitor speakers. I like them kind of loud on my end so that I am not tempted to run the mains quite so high. It will kill a show real quick if you start off too loud and people aren't ready for it. Later on as people come in, I will turn the mains up because their bodies will absorb the sound and make it more comfortable. Just have to remember to turn things down if folks start going home.

The other problem is inherent with wireless mics. People wanting to walk around with them. I try to control that as much as possible. Usually tell them that the feedback eliminator (not actually there....yet, but they don't know that) will cut the mics off if they walk out in front of the main speakers. Then I just turn them off when they actually walk out past a certain point. Usually only have to do this one time per singer. Call me a control freak if you want but they're my toys and they're expensive so I will do with them as I choose.

Jon