View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossard
I had to reinstall Windows on my computer and everything else afterward. I have Microstudio 3.004 on a disk as a backup from MTU when I purchased it. When I try to install it I get a message stating: The machine you are installing on does not match the machine registered on this removable storage. I contacted MTU and they replied the next day it is okay to install now but I still have the same problem. I contacted them again and they asked if I kept Windows updated which I do. They said it would not install otherwise. Since I am installing from my original disk I don't see what difference that would make anyway. They no longer have this version as an internet download so I must install from the disk. Does anyone know why this won't recognize my computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossard View Post
I am using the same email address when I registered with MTU. Also, I am using the same registration number.

I reinstalled Windows on the hard drive that was in my computer before. I didn't make any hardware changes to it. My IP address is still the same also.
It is not the hardware or IP address that changes. It is the Windows install number that changes. This is also why Windows has to be activated again after re-install.
Did you do the updates from Microsoft's Update web site or do the Automatic Updates from within Windows? The Auto updates only do what Microsoft deems as critical security updates. This does not update other items such as DirectX or the Media Player and much more.
For these programs you need to do the updates from their web site using the Custom Updates instead of the Express. And do all of them as you never know what little change they sneak into one that you would never consider needed.
The only exception is you don't want to do any of the hardware updates. Instead go to the manufacturer's or the computer maker's web site to find the latest updates for those.