View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2003, 01:39 PM

Re: Cavs machine

Quote:
Originally posted by TKaraoke
Mick, what problems did you have with the Cavs machine.
TK
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID ... CAVS

Using Windows XP, Their program would not burn the last track on the newer sound choice cd+g's (Worked ok with m windows 98 machine)

Uploading would fail on a regular basis.

Could not get the IDE Transfer to work on 4 different computers.

Hard Drive Over Heated after 4 - 5 hours of continuous play.

Had to spend 3 solid months uploading the songs 100 at a time.

The machine is very slow in response time when calling up songs and using the buttons on the front of the machine. Forget about their remote control.

3 MONTHS WARRANTY ON LABOR! 12 months on parts! (This says it all)

The Refresh Rate For Fast Songs is totally inadequate. Then they have another improvement program for you to spend another 3 months re-doing all of your fast songs?

20,000 Songs My A$$. I reached max HD capacity at 11,000 songs, and then found out that to reach 20,000 songs, you have to load the songs at the "Poor Quality" speed.

and then ... TOTAL HARD DRIVE FAILURE.

The Tech Support is the worst I've ever seen in 25 years of computer experience! I would email an issue (forget about the phone ... local number in CA, and always the machine), I would get a response in 10 - 14 days referring me to their insane "Post It Board", to read advise from other users and "Possible" Solutions.

I feel that the machine is a "PROTOTYPE", and they, themselves don't know how to fix the bugs. Therefore, it should me marketed as such, and not as a $1,600.00 Quality Machine.

Quick comparison, I paid $1,400.00 for my Pioneer V-888 7 Years ago, and never had a problem with it to date. I use it in every show. I owned this $1,600.00 piece of junk for 5 months, and NEVER got it out to a show once!

FINALLY, for all my aggravation, the best I could get CAVS to do is to take it back for a 15% Re-stocking Fee. They have the machine, I haven't been refunded to date.

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID ... CAVS

Mick Larkin
Krank It Karaoke
214 939 1661